2024 Bricks and Mortar Gala Early Bird Ticket Sales Have Begun!Get Started
Why Do We Need Canada's First 2SLGBTQ+ Addiction Recovery Centre?
1.In the next year ALONE over two thousand 2SLGBTQ+ people will die due to adverse drug effects, and this does not include those that die due to addiction comorbidities. If that's not enough, keep reading for n more reasons.
A Letter From Our Founders
Co-Founders Brittney Sawyer (She/Her) and Steven Archambault (He/Him) are creating Stonewall Recovery Centre so that each 2SLGBTQ+ person has agency in their recovery. We live the adage “Nothing about me without me”. Stonewall will provide each 2SLGBTQ+ person with the dignity they deserve and a fighting chance to recover from their problematic substance use.
Stonewall will also be a hub within the 2SLGBTQ+ community with organizations that support parts of the queer community uniting in the common goal of saving lives and providing lifelong support for those that identify within the 2SLGBTQ+ community. When someone comes into Stonewall they will leave with the next lines of support increasing their success rates.
Stonewall Recovery Centre is about having a safe place for 2SLGBTQ+ people to recover from addiction and is critical to success. That safe place is even more critical when you come from a community that has often been misunderstood, abused, thrown away and victimized.
Check back soon we will have more information updated regularly. But in the meantime, we do need the support of everyday Canadians. Donations are what is going to bring Stonewall to life sooner rather than later. Thanks to our partnership with Simon House Recovery Centre all donations receive a tax receipt. Please consider making us your donation destination this year. You can send us an email or donate directly to our GoFundMe
With respect and admiration,
Brittney & Steve
Stonewall Recovery Centre exists to improve the lives of 2SLGBTQ+ individuals impacted by addiction through specialized, innovative treatment programs and enhanced community partnerships on a local and national level.
We cultivate an atmosphere of innovation to support 2SLGBTQ+ individuals facing addiction. We work collaboratively with our clients and partners to achieve success and improve the lives of those around us. We are committed to helping our clients with our expertise, resources, and knowledge.
Stonewall Recovery Centre's mandate is to reduce the effects of addiction in the 2SLGBTQ+ community, to reduce the number of individuals dying from addiction by their own hand or from adverse drug effects. This is achieved by innovative, unique treatment programs, strong community connections on a local and national scale, and expertly trained staff with a mastery of compassion, care and understanding of the unique needs of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Individuals who connect with Stonewall Recovery Centre will see a lasting impact in their everyday lives, and will look forward to a future of recovery.
9 More Reasons Why Stonewall Recovery Is Essential To Canada
2. Supporting 2SLGBTQ+ addiction treatment is essential in addressing the disparities and unique challenges faced by this community in accessing appropriate and culturally competent care.
3. The 2SLGBTQ+ community experiences higher rates of mental health issues and substance use disorders compared to the general population. Investing in dedicated addiction treatment programs can help provide specialized support for greater success.
4. 2SLGBTQ+ individuals often require specialized care that recognizes the intersectionality of their identities. A dedicated addiction treatment program can provide a safe and inclusive environment that addresses their specific needs.
5. Many 2SLGBTQ+ individuals have experienced significant trauma related to discrimination, rejection, and violence. An addiction treatment program that integrates trauma-informed care can provide the necessary support for healing and recovery.
6. Creating a safe and supportive environment for 2SLGBTQ+ individuals in addiction treatment is crucial. It allows them to feel comfortable, validated, understood, and SAFE enhancing the effectiveness of their recovery journey. THOSE THAT PROTEST OUR VERY EXISTANCE ALSO NEED RECOVERY AND PLACING US SIDE BY SIDE IS NOT SAFE.
7. 2SLGBTQ+ addiction treatment programs foster a sense of community and connection among individuals who share similar experiences. This sense of belonging can be instrumental in reducing isolation and promoting long-term recovery.
8. Supporting dedicated addiction treatment for the 2SLGBTQ+ community helps increase visibility and representation, combating stigmatization and promoting acceptance in society.
9. Investing in 2SLGBTQ+ addiction treatment programs can contribute to prevention efforts by offering education, awareness, and early intervention strategies to reduce substance use and related harms.
10. SAVING LIVES: By providing specialized addiction treatment services, we can save lives within the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Timely and effective support can help individuals overcome addiction, improve their overall well-being, and prevent tragic outcomes related to substance use.
In Partnership With
Simon House guides and empowers individuals to achieve long-term recovery from addiction and all of its effects.
BLG Law is proud to provide pro bono legal services to Stonewall Recovery.Safety Exit